Long Term Care
Victoria Village Manor offers individualized, compassionate care, services, and programs to our residents. Our long-term care home offers 128 beds across 4 floors, with each room overlooking Queen’s Park or the surrounding, historic Barrie neighbourhood. Both private and basic, or shared, rooms are available to our residents.
Our recreation department provides innovative, high quality programs to meet the unique leisure needs of all residents. Recreation activities are offered seven days a week, at times convenient to our residents. Recreation activities range from individual visits to large group programs, both within the facility and out in the community. Programs offered include barbecues, gardening, exercise, current events, musical entertainment, outings, theme dinners, bingo, and many other activities. Victoria Village Manor residents are given access to a host of wellness services, which support our holistic approach to care of the mind, body, and spirit.
We offer a variety of programs that complement traditional health services, as there is a growing body of research supporting that such services may improve comfort, relaxation, and reduce pain. Offered services include:
- Functional rehab
- Physiotherapy and hand therapy
- Social work services
- Spiritual care services
- Audiology clinics
Victoria Village Manor provides exceptional, personalized care and services to each of its residents. Our staff focus on offering resident-centered care and an individualized care plan, where the needs of our senior clients come first. Using a person-centered approach, Victoria Village Manor offers a wide range of services for people who can no longer live independently, including:
- Nursing and personal support services
- Regular and emergency medical care
- Access to medical, pharmacy, diagnostic, and therapy services
- Treatment and medication administration
- 24-hour supervision
- Assistance with everyday activities, or “activities of daily living”, including bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, using the washroom, and moving around
Residents of Victoria Village Manor receive three prepared meals with two choices daily, with snacks provided throughout the day. We take a person-centered approach to dining, and provide food alternatives to meet the needs of each individual resident. Victoria Village places importance on using fresh, local produce and quality ingredients for all meals prepared in house. Our team uses advanced technology for fast, paperless ordering and serving.
Residents enjoy their meals in a large, bright dining room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Queen’s Park, downtown Barrie, and the city’s waterfront.
Interested in volunteering with Victoria Village Manor? Visit our Join Our Team page for information on the role you could play in our residents’ lives and how to get involved in our community.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Recreation programs (games, arts and crafts)
- Small group programs (cards, reading, knitting)
- Special events and entertainment
- Special interest presentations
- Community outings
- One to one friendly visits
- Hair dresser & in-home wellness appointments
- General office assistance and front desk screening
- Physiotherapy/fitness classes
- Spiritual care
- Palliative visits
The Victoria Village Manor Family Council was established to improve the quality of life for Long Term Care residents and to give families and friends a forum for sharing their experiences and exchanging information.
The Victoria Village Manor Family Council works hard to provide programs and services to residents and family members, and completes initiatives throughout the year. Some of these initiatives include:
• Bradford Greenhouses Partner Program: When you shop at either of the Bradford Greenhouses Garden Gallery locations, you can donate your points to Victoria Village! From April to October annually, if you tell your cashier that you would like to donate your points to Victoria Village prior to them ringing you in, any points collected from your purchase can be donated to redeem for anything they sell. Residents love the decorations, flowers, and plants that brighten their day!
• Dare to Dream: The Family Council’s Dare to Dream program provides residents with the opportunity to experience an outing otherwise unavailable to them, most often because of a lack of family assistance or due to financial, physical, or mental limitations.
The ‘Dreams’ are generally modest by most standards, and the outings are fully funded by Family Council fundraising initiatives. Past outings include: meals out with a loved one, attending a Toronto Blue Jays’ game, and in-house spa days.
Meet the Victoria Village Council Executives:
• Lucie Galos – Chair
• Katherine Parent – Secretary
• Jackie Hardy-Corrigan – Treasurer
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Family Council at Victoria Village, or have questions about what our council does, you can contact Jolene Morrow at [email protected] or (705) 728-3456 ext. 752
Victoria Village Manor is dedicated to providing outstanding, individualized care and services to its residents and to continually improving its offerings. Read more about our commitment to quality care, safety, and the health of our residents below.
Continuous Quality Improvement Report 2023
Emergency Management Manual
Victoria Village Manor has received the maximum Three-Year Accreditation by CARF International for its Person-Centered Long-Term Care, with Governance Standards applied.
Accreditation demonstrates that Victoria Village is committed to enhancing its performance, managing its risk, and distinguishing its service delivery. For additional information about CARF or the accreditation process, visit www.carf.org.